Trauma Informed Schools
Designed for school staff, from the superintendent on down, this training provides educators with the 10 steps to creating a trauma-informed school.
- Understanding trauma and its impact on students
- Viewing trauma as an experience
- The link between private logic and behavior
- Prioritizing social-emotional skill development
- Establishing safety;
- Fostering connections
- Promoting play
- Collaborating with families and the community
- Supporting staff
- Collecting and utilizing data
In addition to these topics, the documentary, Paper Tigers, is shown and discussed. This movie depicts the dramatic transformation in troubled teens when the staff at their school incorporates findings from the Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) study into their education and support services. It captures the pain, danger, beauty, and hopes of struggling teens and their teachers and support staff armed with the new science and fresh approaches that are changing their lives for the better.