TLC offers parents and professionals several resources to help children and families deal with the devastating effects of trauma. From books to activities, TLC resources can be a catalyst for healing, helping victims move past their traumatic experiences and live rich, fulfilling lives.
Parent Trauma Resource Center
TLC’s Parent Trauma Resource Center provides helpful, easy-to-find resources for parents of children who have experienced trauma. These resources are free and include:
- Information describing typical grief and trauma reactions and the difference between the two.
- Ways parents can help their child, as well as help themselves.
- Ways to deal with specific concerns, like behavioral problems, sexual abuse, war, terrorism, and more.
- Specific information for all age groups – infants, toddlers, children and adolescents.
- Specific detailed activities for parents to use to engage their children and to help calm their anxieties.
- Recommended books and resources on grief and trauma.
- Helpful links to other websites for specific information
Trauma Resource Center for Military Families and Professionals
Conflicts around the world have brought significant challenges to military personnel and their families. TLC, in collaboration with the American Legion Child Welfare Foundation, Inc., seeks to improve the quality of life for military children and families by providing practical, relevant resources at no cost to parents and caregivers, as well as the professionals who work with them. The Trauma Resource Center for Military Families and Professionals is an excellent tool to easily find detailed information and resources.