Designed for educators working with students who exhibit problematic behavior, this course builds upon The Circle of Courage® philosophy; providing a framework for implementing its principles in a school setting.
Topics covered include:
- Values-based classroom management practices
- An overview of The Circle of Courage® philosophy
- “Broken Circles” and pain-based behavior
- Punishment & reward systems vs. The Circle of Courage®
- Fostering resilience
- Integrating The Circle of Courage® with existing behavior management models
- Characteristics of a “Courageous Classroom®”
- Understand the beginnings and foundational principles of the Circle of Courage® model.
- Understand the link between misbehavior and misdirected energy and/or unmet needs.
- Identify strategies for implementing the Circle of Courage® model in learning environments in order to meet universal growth needs.
- Identify strategies for implementing the Circle of Courage® model in order to address misbehavior and teach values.
About Online courses