Ask the child to draw a picture of their biggest fear.
Then ask the following questions:
- Describe the fear. What is it like to you?
- If the fear could talk, what would it say?
- If the fear could listen, what would you say to it?
- If the fear had a name, what name would you give it?
- When you experience this fear, is there anything that makes it go away?
Gaining control over fear is a process that takes time. Identifying what you are feeling, talking about it, making drawings and images of what these feelings are like for you are important steps in gaining control over your fears.