Are you a TLC Certified professional interested in promoting TLC programs and interventions? Be a part of the Starr Global Learning organization as a Certified Trainer! If you have expertise in strength-based trauma practices and are a good communicator, then you are an excellent candidate for this Certified Trainer Program.
To be eligible to obtain Certified Trainer status you must have completed the requirements listed below.
- Must be a Certified Trauma Practitioner, ACTP, CTP-E or a CTP-C.
- Must maintain their CTP status by taking a different SGLN course every calendar year.
- Must have taken the following courses:
1. Children of Trauma
2. Courageous Classrooms
3. Courageous Connections
4. Healing the Experience of Trauma
5. Structured Sensory Interventions
6. Trauma Informed Schools
- Must complete a trainer Application and be approved to take the Certified Trainer course.
- Must sign the trainer agreement.
- Must renew trainer status every three years.
What to Expect in the Course
- Review of the history and philosophy of Starr Commonwealth.
- Answer any questions on content.
- Review the trainer guidelines.
- Review the Certified Trainer website and how to use it.
- Trainers will present to the group on a topic or activity of their choosing from one the following core courses:
- Children of Trauma
- Structured Sensory Interventions
- Healing the Experience of Trauma
- Trauma Informed Schools
- Courageous Classrooms
- Courageous Connections
- All trainers will evaluate each other on the presentations.
TLC Certified Trainer Renewal Requirements
Trainer certification will last 3 years at which time all trainers need to recertify. Recertification requires that one TLC/SGLN online course is completed and passed per calendar year during certified period, good trainer evaluations, and a recertification fee of $100.
If you have questions, please contact us today.
Feedback from Participants
Thank you for the excellent training! It was everything I hoped it would be, and more! In fact, I have been bragging to folks about how this was the best TOT experiences I have had because it truly challenged and tested us to help us understand the issue and materials in a more comprehensive manner.
Charlie Alcaraz, Pima Prevention Partnership, Tuscon, AZ