Starr Commonwealth provides professionals with the opportunity to attend specific courses to obtain Certification as a Certified Trauma Practitioner or Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner. Over 5,000 professionals have obtained Certification since 1995 and 50,000+ professionals have attended our trainings world-wide. Currently, over 3,000 schools and agencies across North America are utilizing Starr's intervention programs.
Level-1 Certified Trauma Practitioner
Starr is pleased to offer two Certified Trauma Practitioner tracts:
Clinical - Focused on the needs of clinicians
Education - Focused on the needs of educators
Certification requires you to attend a total of five live or online trainings and an online exam. The courses may be completed over a period of a year. Both Certifications are available as eCertification online packages. There are no prerequisites – anyone can attend a Level-1 course! Learn more about Level-1 Certification.
Level-2 Advanced Certified Trauma Practitioner Certification
If you already have earned your Level-1 Certification and are interested in advancing, the next level is Level-2.
Learn more about Level-2 Certification requirements.
This is a new certification designed for professionals who are invested in promoting Starr programs, interventions and its future by being part of our organization as a Starr Certified Trainer. More information on how to become a Starr Certified Trainer.
Keep Your Certification Current
To maintain your Certification you must complete one Starr 6 credit online course or attend a full-day Starr training per calendar year. All Starr courses are approved for Continuing Education credits.
Benefits of Certification
- Sets you apart from others in your field, (social work, counselor, psychologists) as being an expert in trauma.
- Certification supports your credibility as a trauma specialist.
- Provides you with additional credentials which certifies you to provide evidence based SITCAP® model trauma intervention programs.
- Possible insurance reimbursement for clients.
- Part of a large network of professionals who also specialize in the field of trauma.
- Enhances skill set as a practitioner tools and intervention programs available to use with traumatized clients.
- Training/Certification easily translates into practical application.