Give now for kids We treat every dollar donated to Starr Commonwealth the same: as a special gift from someone who sees the value in supporting under-served children and families. The financial support we receive allows us to offer programs and services that help children develop physical, emotional and educational strength while increasing communication skills within families.
You can impact a life today
When you give to Starr Commonwealth, you’ve made a decision to invest in the lives of children and families that will impact generations. Through residential and educational programs, your gift impacts the lives of children around the country. Many families that are desperate for the hope that Starr Commonwealth provides simply cannot afford to pay for treatment. Your gift will help bring peace and hope to families. All or part of your gift may be tax deductible as a charitable contribution. Please check with your tax advisor. There are many ways to support Starr Commonwealth:
Donor Bill of Rights
Starr Commonwealth wants every donor to feel fully confident that every donation does what we say it will. To that end, we’ve adopted the Association of Fundraising Professionals' bill of rights.
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
A history of stewardship and accountability
Starr Commonwealth is transparent with our books and good stewards of every dollar we receive.