In 2014, Starr announced a new partnership with Sequel Youth and Family Services. This agreement means that Sequel Youth and Family Services will manage the publicly-funded residential services on Starr’s Albion campus, now called Starr Albion Prep, with Sequel utilizing its national network of human service clients to ensure that more children can benefit from Starr’s historic and therapeutic campus.
As before, students continue to be educated through the Calhoun County ISD.
About Starr Albion Prep
This traditional residential program, managed by Sequel, helps court-referred and troubled young people develop interpersonal problem-solving and cooperative learning skills in a therapeutic, group-focused setting.
Starr Albion Prep Programs:
- Juvenile Justice - Designed to help boys, ages 12-18, develop interpersonal problem-solving and cooperative-living skills.
- Substance Abuse - This program helps youth feel comfortable talking openly about their situation and is open to boys, ages 12-18.
- Sexually Reactive Youth (SRY) - This program encourages positive youth development as boys ages 12-18 talk through and understand their behaviors.
In our recent annual satisfaction survey period, reflecting the 2015-2016 fiscal year, the following outcomes were shown:
- 90% of youth improved their family relationships
- 88% of youth reported getting along better with their peers
- 93% developed coping skills to cope when things go wrong
- 98% improved in school performance
- 75% students tested went up 1 grade level in approx. 9 months
Contact Our Intake Coordinator
Professional agencies may contact us at any time to refer a child into one of our programs. Please contact our staff by phone or e-mail as listed below: