Starr Commonwealth has been recognized among other child-caring organizations as a leader in strength-based practices for youth.
Here we have collected all of our informational articles, press releases, publications and more to let you know all about the influence of Starr.
Here we have press releases about current happenings at Starr, including grants, acquisitions and more.
- Starr receives $250,000 grant for building renovations for the Montcalm Day School - 8/30/13
- Starr Founder's Day 2013 speakers are announced - 8/23/13
- "Reality Store" prepares Starr students for the future - 8/16/13
- PsychSystems joins Starr Commonwealth - 4/22/13
- Students perform "The Wizard of Oz" at Starr - 1/25/13
- Starr is awarded $150,000 grant for Fine Arts program - 1/15/13
- Battle Creek Community Foundation awards Starr $20,000 grant - 1/4/13
- Starr receives $20,000 grant from American Psychological Association - 1/3/13
- TLC provides tips for coping with trauma, loss in Connecticut school shooting - 12/14/12
- Montcalm School to open program for girls with autism spectrum disorders - 8/21/12
- Starr Commonwealth receives grant from Target - 8/21/12
- Starr Columbus receives grant from The Reinberger Foundation - 8/9/12
- MGM Resorts Foundation awards grant to Starr Commonwealth - 8/8/12
- Starr Commonwealth awarded grant from Chemical Bank - 8/8/12
- Starr Battle Creek receives grant from Post Foods - 8/7/12
- Starr Detroit Academy aims to continue Starr Commonwealth mission in Detroit - 8/2/12
- Montcalm School names Kevin Wing Director of Counseling Services - 7/2/12
- Montcalm School graduation includes 14 students - 6/7/12
- Starr Commonwealth secures building for Starr Detroit Academy - 5/22/12
- Starr Commonwealth receives $1,500 grant from the Dollar General Literacy Foundation - 5/17/12
- The National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children receives SAMHSA approval for second evidence-based program - 5/10/12
- Starr Commonwealth thanks Wellness Fair donors, vendors - 5/4/12
- Starr Commonwealth announces Dick Vitale as Founder's Day speaker - 5/2/12
- Starr Columbus Executive Director Okpara Rice given AACRC Fellow Award - 5/2/12
- Chaplain Ken Ponds honored as Diversity Champion - 5/1/12
- Starr Commonwealth receives grant for pool renovation - 4/13/12
- Starr Commonwealth awarded grant for Fine Arts program - 4/13/12
- Starr Detroit Academy receives grant from Walton Family Foundation - 3/21/12
- Starr Columbus receives grant from Nationwide Insurance Foundation - 2/28/12
Starr has several informative publications for parents and alumni.
Media Contacts and Speaker Requests
We encourage media to inquire about Starr's unique programming, treatment methods, success stories and what we mean when we say, "We See Something Good in Every Child."
If you have any questions or are looking for experts to help speak about issues related to child care and youth development, please contact us.
We can assist you by offering licensed and experienced professionals to talk about a variety of issues related to our programs, child care, neurological disorders and more.
Director of Communications
13725 Starr Commonwealth Road
Albion, MI 49224
Toll-Free: 800-837-5591 ext. 2338